Talks & Workshops
Monday 28th January 2019, 10.30am-12.30pm
Workshop at Starjumpz Children’s Centre
Pioneering services for children with learning, developmental, motor and behavioural challenges
HEALING THE GUT THROUGH NUTRITION & LIFESTYLE
Starjumpz Children’s Centre, The Old Saw Mill, Ashdown Business Park, Crowborough, East Sussex TN6 1UP
Contact email@example.com or call 01892 660 085 to book – Cost £35
Delve deeper into the practical applications of correct diet and lifestyle with this informative and interactive workshop.
What you will gain from the workshop:
- Information and practical tips for recognising and managing gut issues: A healthy gut is the cornerstone to good health and wellbeing, yet research shows that many children with developmental disorders affecting the brain have altered gut microflora (or ‘friendly’ bacteria)
- An overview of the top gut healing diets: You may have heard of GFCF, low oxalate, low salicylate and other specialized diets. The rationale behind these diets will be explained and you will be shown what a nourishing diet looks like for the whole family
- How to manage fussy eaters: Many children can be particular to both the taste and texture of food, so you are not alone. Receive practical tips to help you expand your child’s diet to ensure they are gaining enough of the right nutrients
- Advice on how to implement healthier lifestyle choices: Reducing exposure to chemicals and toxins, improving sleep hygiene and managing stress
- Advice on functional testing to determine underlying imbalances
Thursday 08 Nov 2018 – 7.30-9pm
Knowledge is Power Talks at SPN
NOURISHING THE BRAIN: THE GUT-BRAIN LINK EXPLAINED AND THE ROLE OF NUTRITION
40A Camden Rd, Tunbridge Wells, TN1 2PT
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01892 541 705 to book a FREE place
According to recent research, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) reported 12.5 million working days lost due to work-related stress, depression or anxiety. Globally, a 2015 WHO report documented that the total number of people with depression was estimated to exceed 300 million. Nearly that number again suffers from a range of anxiety disorders.
A healthy diet plays a fundamental role in both physiological and psychological well-being and there is a considerable body of evidence demonstrating that nutritional deficiencies can result in mood changes.
Emerging science is also recognising the impact of the microbiome, the vast population (literally trillions!) of microbes that inhabit the gut, not just on our physical health but also our mental health. Some scientist even believe that we could be on the cusp of a revolution that uses microbes to improve mental health.
Join us for this informative evening talk with Abir Hamza-Goodacre, Registered Nutritional Therapist, to gain information on:
- The nutritional science underlying the impact of nutrient status on cognitive and mood disorders
- The link between the gut and mental health
- Nutritional interventions to support healthy brain functioning
Saturday 20 Sep 2018 – 11.45am
Nourishment for Weight & Blood Sugar Management Workshop
Saturday 20 Sep 2018 – 12.30pm
Meet the Expert, Health & Wellness Consultations
Get In Touch
If you would like to make an enquiry or book an appointment, fill out this form and we will get back to you within 24 hours. You can also call on 07986015078
or email email@example.com