It is always important to support your immune system, but now more than ever.
The number of COVID-19 cases will be driven by level of exposure and vulnerability. Strengthening your immune system through diet and lifestyle are important and positive steps you can take to control vulnerability.
I wanted to share some of the things I have been focusing on to support my family’s immunity in general, not just specifically for COVID-19:
- Including a rainbow of vegetables and fruit for their vitamins, minerals and phytonutrient content
- Keeping a check on inflammation; one of the ways to do this is to have a proper balance of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids in the body. Most Western diets tends to have an imbalance of omega 6 relative to Omega 3, so I have been incorporating more omega-3-rich foods to the diet, e.g. plant options like flaxseed and flaxseed oil, chia seeds, hempseed oil, leafy greens and animal options like oily fish
- Supporting the gut; the mucosal barrier in the gut serves as a defense from pathogens, so it is important to make sure it functions with integrity. Reducing inflammation is an important factor but supporting the gut’s ecosystem by including some kefir (probiotic milk drink/non-dairy options also available) daily is an easy routine to adopt
- Extra dietary supplements. Please enquire about possible associated toxicities and interactions of each of these with medications you are taking and check with your healthcare practitioner.
- Elderberry concentrate/syrup
- Fish oil/omega-3
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
This list is not meant to replace any guidance or treatment recommended by your healthcare practitioner. In fact, share with them any changes you are about to make to your health regimen, including dietary changes, as those may change the metabolism of medications or your health condition.
Get In Touch
If you would like to make an enquiry or book an appointment, fill out this form and we will get back to you within 24 hours. You can also call on 07986015078
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: Abir is available for online (e.g. Skype/Zoom) and Telephone consultations for most services.